The Alpbach Ski Region
Away from mass tourism, the Alpbach ski region meets all demands. It was awarded the “White Oscar” for being the best small ski region. The Wildbach holiday apartments are situated near the Inneralpbach cable car and are directly at the ski bus stop. They are therefore the ideal starting point for your skiing holiday. There are more than 109 kilometres of ski slope and 16 kilometres of cross country tracks in the region and many more wintery highlights.
Kids get a free skipass during our spezial offers. The indoor pool at the "Wave" in Wörgel is free for all our guests.
- Close to the ski area: 8-seater cable car only a few minutes from the Wildbachhof. Therefor a direct connection to the whole ski jewel Alpbach Wildschönau
- ski bus stop outside our front door
- ski depot and boot-drying device in the house
- 109 kilometers of skiing slopes
- of which 37 kilometres are equipped with snow-making devices for skiing fun until the end of April
- Night time skiing in Reith due to floodlights
- 21 lifts ( 3 cable cars, 5 chairlifts and 13 T-bars )
- Snowboardpark with 150m halfpipe, jumps and slides
- Child care in the ski region with the “Kids Center”
- Ski and snowboard classes for all levels
- professional advice in the sports and ski hire shops
Skiing holidays for children
Child care and a varied children´s programme for 2-4 year old children is available directly at the ski slopes. The well trained staff of the “Kids Center” offer fun and excitement for your children. Bookings with the “Kids Center” are also possible for guests without ski classes.
The Ski Schools
Three ski schools in the Alpbach valley offer classes for children from 4 years of age. Their own children lifts and practising slopes enable the playful learning of the basic skiing techniques. Kids ski races, the newly found friends and pro-active ski instructors make the days in ski school an exciting adventure. Ski classes can also be booked with a supervised lunch break.
Of course the ski schools offer ski and snowboard classes for beginners and advanced skiers and skiboarders of all ages. Classes for excellent skiers can be booked In the Reith ski school.
Getting to know the enjoyment of skiing
Those of you who want to get the first experience of the snow covered mountains in all tranquillity will find the valley lifts in Kramsach and Reith the perfect place to have their first fun on skis. The easy to intermediate slopes are ideal for your first tracks in the sparkling white snow.
Advanced and expert skiers will find their favourite slopes at the Hornlift which leads to the highest point of the ski region at an altitude of 2000 metres. Here you find infinite skiing fun.
The “Wiedersbergerhorn” is also suitable for the excellent skier. The fast runs, steep slopes, mogul pistes and deep snow areas offer you dreamy days of skiing..
Snowboarding in the Tyrol
The Snowboard Park at the Hornlift may be tested and presented. The best snowboarders of the region show their abilities and the beginners are trying their first jumps and slides. The 150 metres halfpipe and various jumps and slides will get your nerves tingling.
Cross-country skiing in the Tyrol
Enrich your winter holiday in the Tyrol with a wonderful day on cross-country skis.
This healthy sport uses nearly all muscles of the body, activates your heart and circulation and makes you fitter. Beginners and experts can utilize almost 100 kilometres of prepared tracks. There is a wide range/variety of easy and difficult tracks to choose from in the Alpbach valley region.
Snow shoe walking in the Tyrol – a special experience
The winter landscape appears incomparably beautiful and mystically quiet on a snow shoe walk. This sport is a wonderful alternative to skiing whether you are on marked and cleared paths or you walk through the snowy fields with a guide. Every Thursday and Friday guided winter walks are organized for you to guide you through Alpbach and on the panorama walk up to the Reitherkogl. You will experience the ultimate of romanticism on a torch walk in Alpbach or Reith.
There are plenty of opportunities for joggers and runners to carry out their sport in the wintery Tyrol. With the right equipment and on the marked paths it is easy to stay active and fit.
Tobogganing – a cheerful change
Tobogganing and sleigh rides are especially cheerful diversions for the whole family on the 5 km sleigh track in Inneralpbach. For the more daring we suggest the 6 km of sleigh track on the Reitherkogl in Reith where you can enjoy its wonderful panoramic views as you walk up and after a fast run down you might even go for it a second time round.
The romantically enclined and late birds can choose between three lit up toboggan runs from the Bischoferalm in Alpbach, the Hoellenstein near Muenster ( both 4 km ) and the run in Brandenberg (1,5 km )
Nightlife in the Alpbach Valley
After sunset the wonderful flair of Alpbach begins to show its romantic side. In the aprés ski bars, bars and pubs everyone is happiliy celebrating, laughing and dancing. Let your day of excitement end in a romantic atmosphere.
Wörgler waterworld "Wave"
Tyrols finest and biggest advanture indoor pool. Chrystal clear waves, hot sauna and salty body temperature brine offer recovery for everybody. The first double looping water slide is for adrenalin junkies, the cocktails pool bar for savourer. Three different areas provide exictement for the whole family.
- Schönauer-Track Breitenbach, easy, 15 km
- Schiessstand-Track Kundl, easy, 3,5 km
- Maukenwald-Track Radfeld, easy. 8 km
- Reintaler-Lakes-Track east, Kramsach, easy, 7 km
- Reintaler-Lakes-Track west, Kramsach, intermediate, 7 km
- Audörfl-Track Brandenberg, intermediate-difficult, 5,5 km
- Schoenau-Track Brandenberg, intermediate, 2,5 km
- Dorf-Track Brandenberg, easy, 1,5 km
- Obergruendl-Track Muenster, easy, 6 km
- Gruensbach-Track Muenster, easy, 6 km
- Haus-Track Muenster, easy, 4 km
- Hauserwies-Track Muenster, easy, 3 km
- Orts-Track Reith, easy, 5 km
- Greitergraben-Track Inneralpbach, difficult, 7 km
- Unterberg-Track Inneralpbach, intermediate, 2 km
- Luegergraben-Track Inneralpbach, intermediate, 11 km